The Today and Next 7 Days view show almost the same information as presented in the calendar. If you’re more comfortable working with the calendar, you may not even have to use these views. However, some people prefer to work with the Today or Next 7 Day views.
Calendar View vs Today/Next 7 Days Views
There are pros and cons to using each view. The below list enumerates the advantages of using each view:
- Today / Next 7 Days views can be much cleaner and less cluttered compared to the calendar. The calendar is constrained by time and adjacent time blocks or events can clutter the calendar.
- The calendar has a much better visual clue of how long each task takes.
- Taking action on a task is easier in the Today / Next 7 Days views. By just hovering and clicking an action on the task line, you can defer it, skip it, or jump to the Outline.
- You can drag & drop in the Today / Next 7 Days list to prioritize tasks.
- You can drag a time block in the calendar to pin it at specific time.
- You can add new tasks to the end of Today or other days in the Next 7 Days to automatically add a time-bound plan to the task.
Fixed Events and Time Blocks
Fixed Events and Time Blocks appear bolder in the Today and Next 7 Days views. They also show the start and end times of the scheduled block in front of the line title.
Drag & Drop
As mentioned earlier, you can drag & drop tasks in the Today or Next 7 Days to prioritize tasks relative to each other.
Click the + button at the end of the list in the Today or other days in the Next 7 Days will add a new task AND also automatically add a time-bound plan for the day you’re adding the task to. You still need to update schedule to actually get the task scheduled.